Frequently asked questions
Below are the most frequently asked questions. If you can't find the answers to your contact us.
What is Garden Sharing?
Users can search for a space by setting the location, see the pictures and descriptions posted by the space owner, our Garden Sharers, evaluate the services offered and the activities in the vicinity of the area and book their pitch.
Garden Sharers can publish spaces such as a garden or land they own or a space with ready-made accommodation such as a tent, a bungalow, a tree house, at the price they prefer, or they can offer the possibility of an Experience. From painting or cooking classes to learning the basics of an ancient craft or simply offering a bike tour to see the beauty of the place, there are many activities that you can do on Garden Sharing!
What accommodations are available on Garden Sharing?
Garden sharers can also set up their own space complete with ready-to-stay accommodation, i.e. with a tent already erected, a camper van or caravan parked in the garden and not used, a yurt, a tree house...and leave room for the creativity of the garden sharers!
The price of the pitches are alwaysdecided by the Gardensharers, as well as the various services they can offer guests, be it a barbecue, a private or shared bathroom, an outside table and chairs, a swimming pool, etc...
Who chooses Garden Sharing?
- Those who have a free space of their own and want to exploit it economically .
- Those who enjoy meeting and getting to know travellers, wayfarers and globetrotters .
- Those who own a caravan or camper van and want to make money from it even when they are not using it, using it as a ready-made accommodation .
- Those who do not have a website and want to publicise their space .
- Those who have an organised structure and want to expand their catchment area, advertising products and experiences through our portal.
- Those who believe in sharing customs and traditions .
- Those who want to offer their know-how or share their knowledge of the area, making themselves available to tourists .
IF YOU ARE A GUEST
- Those who love free tourism, travelling in a camper, caravan or even just with a backpack .
- Those who want to stay away from the usual tourist circuits .
- Those who want privacy and social distance
- Those who want to have new experiences
- Those who want a cheap but unforgettable trip
- Those who love tents but are tired of large traditional campsites
- Caravanners who want to stay close to the centres of the cities they visit .
- Caravanners who want to get to know the culture, customs and people of the place .
You have a space: what does it take to sign up for Garden Sharing?
It is important to make a complete, well-edited, eye-catching advertisement that gives potential guests all the information about the space you are providing and the attractions of the location.
What regulatory issues do I need to consider before making a space available on Garden Sharing?
I am a private individual: do I need a VAT number to become a Garden Sharer?
How is the price per pitch calculated?
How does payment work?
To send a booking request:
- Open the tab of the ad you are interested in .
- Select Check-in and Check-out dates, number of spaces desired and number of guests .
- Click on "Save" .
- Check the booking details to make sure everything is correct .
- Select your payment method from credit or debit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Diners and click "Proceed" .
- Add payment details .
- Proceed by clicking "Confirm and Book" .
- Await for the confirmation email of your Garden Sharer booking .
- Payment will only be made once Garden Sharer has accepted your booking request .
- If Garden Sharer declines your request, we will not charge you and you can look for alternative accommodation for the dates you have chosen .
What do I need to know about the insurance policy?
When booking, it is essential that you enter the full and exact details of all those who will be travelling, only in this way can you activate the insurance policy if necessary!
In the event of a claim/event, you alone will be able to activate the insurance policy, at the times and in the manner indicated in the document provided in the link.
How do I cancel my reservation?
You can cancel a reservation before your trip, depending on the cancellation policy decided by the host.
. You can do this using the following procedure:
- Complete the login .
- Go to the icon in the top right-hand corner .
- Select the entry My trips .
- Click on the booking you wish to cancel .
- Choose "Cancel reservation"
. If a guest cancels their booking outside of the timeframe indicated in the refund options chosen by the host, this shall result in the guest not being able to receive a refund
We remind you that the refund options that can be selected by the Garden Sharer are as follows:
- Flexible: refund up to 2 days after check in .
- Moderate: refund up to 7 days from Check-in .
- Smart: refund up to 30 days after check-in .
How do reviews work?
Leave a review at Garden Sharer once you have finished your stay! To do this, you can follow the steps below:
- Complete the login .
- Go to "My trips" .
- Click on "Past Days" .
- Click on "Write a review" .
You can review the Garden Sharer:
- Assign 1 to 5 Stars .
- Leaving a Comment .
Have you noticed any abnormal functioning?
Did you not find the right answer to your question?